Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Japan!


Finally, the long awaited trip to Japan is starting. Janne and I are sitting on the Finnair plane at the Helsinki-Vantaa airport, and ready to fly to Tokyo, and then continue on to Sapporo, and finally Niseko. There are two bus trips along the way, but hopefully we'll get there without problems.

We're joining Zach, Ari, and Tero who already are there.


March is a busy time for me, so our trip is a bit shorter than the other guy's trip and I'll be working the evenings. But, Niseko is a fabled ski resort! Very excited to finally experience proper Japanese snow, as so far I have only skied on artificial snow (in Karuizawa and Yokohama). Here is the snow-bringing-tube that I saw in Karuizawa's early season in 2011:


But Niseko has real snow. We will be staying here:


Photos (c) 2011-2017 by Jari Arkko and the Annapuri Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment